Responsible for managing the maintenance operation of the buildings and grounds of the golf course.
Responsible for supervision, training, and assignment of work to maintenance crew.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list represents the types of duties required by the position. Other duties may be assigned as reasonably expected.
• Directs the seeding, fertilizing, soil conditioning, watering, pest and weed control and top soil of both golf courses.
• Responsible for oversight of the mowing and maintenance of course fairways, rough, greens, tee areas, along with other open space areas.
• Determines work procedures, schedules and expedites workflow.
• Coordinates maintenance and construction activities with golf course operations manager to ensure continual smooth operation of the course.
• Determines the correct specifications, estimates materials and supplies for a specific project and ensures they are available when needed.
• Prepares bids for machinery and equipment and contractor services.
• Ensures tools and equipment are properly maintained and in proper working condition.
• Provides supervision, direction and assistance to maintenance crews at varying work sites.
• Responsible for enforcement of work policies, golf and safety regulations.
• Responsible for preparation and maintenance of daily, monthly and annual reports and records as assigned.
• Responds to public inquires and provides information within scope of knowledge and position.
• Responsible for maintaining golf budget in area of maintenance.
• Serves as an advisor to superintendent.
• Opens and closes; locks and unlocks facilities as needed.
• Maintains and adjusts specialized turf care equipment and tools including electric motors, pumps, sprinklers, tractors, mowers and irrigation systems.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.