The City of South Bend has immediate openings for skilled truck technicians. Excellent pay and benefits include employee health clinic; medical, dental, and vision insurance; training reimbursement; tool and clothing allowance; paid vacation and sick time; 10 holidays; Public Employee Retirement Plan.
Performs skilled work in maintenance and repair of equipment and machinery and does related work as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list represents the types of duties required by the position. Other duties may be assigned as reasonably expected.
• Inspect, repair and maintain mechanisms within such City owned equipment as automobiles, single and tandem axle trucks, street sweepers, loaders, backhoes, graders, and other miscellaneous equipment.
• Diagnose electrical and fuel system problems and make necessary repairs.
• Design and fabricate specialized components as needed.
• Diagnose hydraulic system problems and make necessary repairs.
• Maintain personal and City owned tools and equipment.
• Operate City owned vehicles and equipment.
• Ability to perform Onboard Computer Diagnostics using scan tools.
• Keeps work area clean on a daily basis.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.