Provides administrative support for the Ice Rink Manager. Responsible for the operation and maintenance of facility in the manager’s absence to include but not limited to; supervising staff, handling customer service and complaints, ensuring policies and procedures are being following, opening and securing facility, handling cash and daily deposits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list represents the types of duties required by the position. Other duties may be assigned as reasonably expected.
• Serves as a representative of the City of South Bend, demonstrating a positive attitude and progressive actions through the display of professionalism, courtesy, and appropriate tact and discretion in all interactions with the other employees and with the public.
• Assists Manager with the training, supervision and evaluation of all staff.
• Enforces policies, procedures and safety rules set forth by the city and management.
• Assists with the opening and closing of the facility.
• Responsible for handling cash, daily deposits and securing the money at the close of the day.
• Assists in the daily, as well as weekly, clean-up of facilities and grounds.
• Assists with the skate counter operation as needed; handing out skates, wiping them down once returned, restocking the shelf and handling any maintenance of the skates.
• Works directly with the maintenance workers assigned to the rink to handle the day to day maintenance operations.
• Keep a neat and clean appearance and following uniform requirements.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.