Drives solid waste vehicle (packer, lightning loader, roll off truck and loader) as assigned and collects and dumps residential trash, refuse, yard waste or recyclable materials from containers into truck. Responsible for providing quality solid waste service while on route.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list represents the types of duties required by the position. Other duties may be assigned as reasonably expected.
• Drives truck on established routes, through residential streets or alleys or through business or industrial areas.
• Provides daily maintenance to assigned truck, including cleaning and maintaining fluid levels, tire pressures, lights, brakes and fuel levels.
• Completes defective equipment reports when necessary.
• Operates equipment that compresses collected refuse.
• Operates automated or semi-automated hoisting devices that raise refuse bins and dump contents into openings in truck bodies.
• Dismounts garbage trucks to collect garbage and remount trucks to ride to the next collection point.
• Communicates with dispatchers concerning delays, unsafe sites, accidents, equipment breakdowns, or other maintenance problems.
• Checks road or weather conditions to determine how routes will be affected.
• Tact and diplomacy expected daily in interacting with residents and co-workers.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform related duties and fulfill responsibilities as required.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.