The Administrative Assistant provides clerical and reception support for the administrative and program staff of Venues Parks & Arts, including greeting the general public, directing visitors to appropriate personnel, answering and directing telephone calls, taking registrations or renewals for facility rentals, organized activities, ticket sales, and or passes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list represents the types of duties required by the position. Other duties may be assigned as reasonably expected.
• Greets and refers clients and/or visitors to appropriate staff.
• Answers main telephone system, takes messages and directs incoming calls.
• Transcribes and types all correspondence for designated personnel.
• Assists with entering all registration and renewal data.
• Makes inquires, edits and updates files in computer.
• Responsible for receiving departmental supplies and distribution of them to staff.
• Assists staff with special projects and activities as requested.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assumes additional responsibilities as requested.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.