HOW IT WORKS
In 2023, the program will also accept returning organizations that have received an EASSI grant for a completed project. For returning organizations, acceptance into the program will be evaluated based on the submission of their proposed project(s) and quotes. Returning organizations will not receive another energy assessment.
2. Meet with the City. The City, CDFI FSB, and IFF will reach out to you to discuss your intake form. They will approve, defer, or deny your organization’s submission. If approved, you sign a letter of commitment. It indicates your intention to complete an energy efficiency and/or solar project.
3. Get a free energy assessment. IFF conducts the assessment, and the City fully subsidizes it.
4. Choose efficiency projects. The City and IFF review the energy assessment with you. They provide guidance for selecting efficiency projects to pursue.
5. Select contractors. The City references some resources to help you find contractors. You make the contractor selection. The City helps you manage the project through completion and track impact.
6. Apply for loans and/or grants. If lending capital is needed, IFF finances low-interest loans. The City provides grants. Apply for both through 1 application. These funds will help cover your project costs.*
*Your organization is not obligated to seek lending. You can receive a grant without applying for a loan. The minimum loan amount IFF will finance is $5,000. Grants range from $1,500 to $30,000 per organization. For more grant details, please visit this link.
Help your community organization access solar energy and improve energy efficiency! The Energy Assistance and Solar Savings Initiative (EASSI) provides subsidized energy assessments, grants, and low-interest loans.
EFFICIENCY PROJECT EXAMPLES
- Solar panel installation
- HVAC replacement
- EnergyStar appliance upgrades (refrigerators, washers, dryers, etc.)
- Lighting upgrades
- Water heater upgrade
- Air/duct sealing
- Window replacement
|EASSI 2023 COHORT|
|February 24||Application deadline for new and returning organizations|
|March 6||Orientation for new organizations|
|Week of March 6||Energy Assessments conducted on-site|
|April/May||Collect quotes, apply for grant and/or loans, & confirm financing for projects|
|June + onward||Quote deadline, building efficiency improvements & follow-up visit|
Questions? Watch our information webinar from 1/24/22 or contact EASSI Project Manager, Alex Bazán:
- Call: 574-235-7568
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about IFF financing contact:
- Call: 317-860-6904
- Email: email@example.com