Council Mission Statement: To make certain that our City Government is always responsive to the needs of our residents & that the betterment of South Bend is always our highest priority
Common Council Member Information A list of South Bend Common Council Members can be found on the City of South…
Common Council Bill Petition Filing Deadlines Where do I submit my bill petition? Visit the City Clerk's Office4th floor of…
The Common Council meets on the 2nd & 4th Mondays of each month. To place an item on the Council’s agenda, it must be filed in the Office of the City Clerk, Room 455, County-City Building by 12:00 noon on the Wednesday prior to the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month.
The Council is authorized by Indiana state law to act on two (2) types of legislation, namely: resolutions & ordinances.
- Resolutions are limited to matters relating to internal affairs or operations & are heard at one Council meeting.
- Ordinances address all matters which are of a general and permanent nature. Ordinances address topics in the South Bend Municipal Code; establish fees & charges; regulate conduct; establish penalties; and are required for the passage of budgets, the setting of salaries, and zoning changes.
For all groups and presenters who wish to be recognized at the Common Council Meetings please check in with the City Clerk’s Office beforehand.
Resources & Reference
- Upcoming Council Meeting Agenda & Packet
- Upcoming Committee Meeting Notices
- Upcoming Bills
- Open Data Portal
- Municipal Code
- Common Council Minutes
- Committee Meeting Minutes
- Bill No. 12-20 Citizens’ Police Complaint Board
- Bill No. 12-20 Citizen Input Survey
Watch Live Council Meetings
Michiana Access TV, an open forum, non-commercial, public access television outlet, will broadcast the bi-monthly meetings of South Bend Common Council. The meetings will air live and will be rebroadcast throughout the week. A calendar of programs can be found at http://michianaaccesstv.org. Michiana Access TV is channel 99 on Comcast.
227 West Jefferson Blvd Suite 441 S South Bend, IN 46601
Upcoming Public Meetings
|Budget Hearing Session #6 - Transpo, Salaries, Clerk...|
|Budget Hearing Session #7 - Budget Clean-up, Summary, and Final Questions|