May 23, 2022 — The City of South Bend’s Department of Public Works has secured additional funding for paving through the South Bend Redevelopment Commission. Public Works received $3.55 million to pave additional streets in deteriorating condition. The funds will be used to address the following streets:
1) Ameritech Drive & Cleveland Road intersection
2) Ireland Road and Ironwood Drive Intersection
3) Miami Street from Calvert Street to Ireland Road
4) Portage Avenue from Yukon to Scott streets
5) Sample Street from Bendix Drive to Illinois Street
6) Sheridan Street from Lincoln Way West to Keller Street (parking lane)
Over 115 streets are scheduled in 2022 for milling and asphalt resurfacing, full reconstruction or brick spot repair as part of the City’s Rebuilding Our Streets initiative. Additional streets will see preventative maintenance measures such as crack sealing and microsurfacing. To follow the progress of paving work in the city, visit southbendin.gov/paving.