We help ensure South Bend’s financial strength by handling general City finances, reporting and budgets, accounts payable, payroll, Human Resources and employee benefits. To improve quality of life, we’re also responsible for Safety and Risk Management, Information Technology, and Human Rights.
Jobs Currently Available at the City Where is Jobs Currently Available at the City occurring? Who is involved in Jobs…
City Financial Reports Where can I find City Financial Reports?Who is involved in City Financial Reports?When are City Financial Reports…
Apply for a Job at the City Where is Apply for a Job at the City occurring? Who is involved…
Accounts Payable - Vendor Inquiries Where is Accounts Payable - Vendor Inquiries occurring? Who can I contact with questions? You…
Check Status of Job Application Where is What is the status of my application? occurring? Who is involved in What…
The Finance Division is responsible for all the city’s finances, including accounts payable, payroll, and budgeting.
The City of South Bend has a “AA” rating from Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services as of July 2011. The rating was assigned to the South Bend Redevelopment Authority as a General Obligation Equivalent Security.
The ‘AA’ represents an assessment of the city’s credit quality, including the following factors:
- Diverse local economy and position as a regional center
- Very strong financial operations
- Moderate overall debt burden
All fiscal dashboard data can be found at our Open Data Portal.
Human Resources handles employment opportunities and benefits for city employees.
The City of South Bend is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Benefits available for City of South Bend Employees include:
- Prescription Drugs
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Voluntary Benefits Plans
- Wellness Screening
- EAP: Employee Assistance Plan
- Fitness Center Memberships
- Short Term
- Long Term
- Retirement Funding:
- INPRS – Indiana Public Retirement System
- Deferred Compensation (457 Plan)
For questions regarding the City of South Bend purchasing process, or if you are interested in becoming a vendor, please call 574.235.9977.
The City of South Bend welcomes bidders on public projects.
Follow the links to learn about City of South Bend bid opportunities.
Division of Central Services
Central Services facilitates the functionality of the whole Department. By servicing and maintaining the Department’s equipment, Central Services ensures each other division is able to fulfill their tasks effectively and quickly.
The Division of Central Services is comprised of the following bureaus:
- The Office of Equipment Services
- Purchases, maintains and repairs all of the automobiles, trucks and specialized motorized equipment in the City’s fleet
- Performs inspections of City licensed taxi cabs
- The Office of Central Purchasing
- Purchases, maintains and distributes office, janitorial and safety supplies to all City departments
- Prepares bids for paint, light bulbs and assists with other supply related bids
- Coordinates purchasing information to vendors on selling to the City
Safety & Risk Management
The Division of Safety & Risk Management works to Identify/Evaluate/Minimize exposures to protect all employees, citizens and visitors.
News & Announcements
227 West Jefferson Blvd.Suite 1200 NSouth Bend, Indiana 46601