Trash Pickup Guidelines:
- Trash Must be out by 6:00 A.M. on service day and within two feet of the alley or curb. If no alley exists, then use the curb/street line.
- Trash must be placed in City containers. All trash must fit within the City container.
- Trash container must be facing the correct way in order to be picked. The handles must face towards the home, and the opening of the container must face the street.
- All items placed in the City container should be bagged.
- Do not place the following items inside the container:
- These items are not considered regular household trash.
**If your trash was missed at no fault of the City's, there will be a $10.00 return trip fee per the City of South Bend's Ordinance.**
Find your trash pickup day by address
Enter your address in the search box in the application below to find out what your area's trash pickup day is. Features included in the application include Print, Find My Location, Share, and Legend.
Click here to access this application in full-screen.
Alley to Curbside Map
Enter your address to see when your area becomes a curbside collection. Click here to view this map in full-screen.