June 18, 2020
The City of South Bend’s Department of Public Works is announcing a second phase of street paving to include several neighborhood streets in deteriorating condition. These streets comprise 12.75 lane miles of street paving for the 2020 season in addition to the 40 lane miles already announced in April. Work is expected to be completed by mid-September.
The following neighborhood streets are slated to be paved as part of Phase II:
- Calvert from Twyckenham Drive to Ironwood Drive
- Elmer Street from Elwood Avenue to Lincoln Way West
- Ewing Street from Twyckenham Drive to Ironwood Drive
- Illinois Street from Ford Street to Western Avenue
- Ironwood Road from the U.S. 20 Bypass to Kern Road*
- Jackson Street from Miami Street to York Road
- Magnolia Street from Indiana Avenue to Prairie Avenue
- Mishawaka Avenue from Ironwood Drive to Logan Street
- Nash Street from Indiana Avenue to Prairie Avenue
- Pulaski Street from Indiana Avenue to Calvert Street
*Collaborative paving project between the City and St. Joseph County
Streets must be milled and prepped prior to paving and will be closed during working operations (7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.). Signage will be posted prior to the start of work so residents and businesses are aware of the upcoming work.
Residents can follow the progress of paving work at southbendin.gov/paving.