The City of South Bend announces the launch of its 2019 paving season. City crews are expected to pave 19 lane miles this year. The City has also received a Community Crossing Matching Grant from the State of Indiana to pave an additional 10 miles, which will be put out for public bid.
Each street will take approximately three to five days to complete. Streets must be milled and prepped prior to paving and will be closed during working operations (6:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.). Signage will be posted prior to the start of work so residents and businesses are aware of the upcoming work.
The City’s 2019 paving list is included below.
– 25th Street from Mishawaka Avenue south to the dead end
– Boland Drive from Portage Avenue to Ribourde Drive
– Boland Drive from Kenmore Street to Bendix Drive
– Brookfield Street from Lincoln Way West to Humboldt Street
– Catalpa Street from Calvert Street to Ewing Avenue
– Corby Boulevard from Ironwood Drive to Manchester Drive*
– Concord Avenue from Linden Avenue to Lombardy Drive
– E. Navarre Street from Michigan Street to Riverside Drive
– Eckman Drive from Miami Drive to Erskine Drive
– Elmer Street from Elwood Avenue to Keller Street
– Elwood Avenue from Wilbur Street to Portage Avenue
– Falcon Street from Western Avenue to Linden Avenue
– Fellows Street from Dean Street to Southmore Street
– Ford Street from Kaley Street to Camden Street
– High Street from Calvert Street to Broadway Street
– Huey Street from Lincoln Way West to Vassar Street
– Indiana Avenue from Olive Street to Pulaski Street
– Jefferson Boulevard from Ironwood Drive to Logan Street*
– Lasalle Avenue from Williams Street to Charles Martin Boulevard
– Lathrop Street from Parkview Place to Riverside Drive
– Linden Avenue from Mayflower Road to Lombardy Drive*
– Longfellow Avenue from Mishawaka Avenue to Twyckenham Drive
– Parkview Place from Lathrop Drive to Oakwood Drive
– Riverside Drive from Angela Boulevard to Academy Place*
– Riverside Drive from E. Marion Street to E. Bartlett Street
– Sadie Street from Orange Street to Linden Avenue
– Scott Street from Western Avenue to Washington Street
– Springbrook Drive from Hillsdale Drive to Caroline Drive
– St Joseph Street to E. Marion Street to E. Bartlett Street
– Sunnyside Avenue to Belmont Avenue to Wall Street
– Thomas Street from Laurel Street to Walnut Street
– Tuxedo Drive from Wilson Avenue to Jefferson Boulevard
– Voll Street from Manchester Drive west to dead end
– Walter Street from Michigan Street to Fellows Street
– Wayne Street from Lafayette Boulevard to Taylor Street
– Williams Street from Western Avenue south to dead end
* Streets paved through the Community Crossings Matching Grant
In addition to the 2019 paving program, the City is actively seeking funding to address the pavement conditions of a few sections of street such as Ironwood Drive under the bypass and Ameritech Drive. The City has also received federal funding to completely reconstruct Bendix Drive from Lathrop Street to Nimtz Parkway, which is expected to bid in the fall.
We’ve redesigned the website with an emphasis on better connecting you with services, facilities, and information pertaining to everyday life in South Bend. Click on the left and right arrows to navigate these quick tips to make the most of your first experience.
311 Service Center
Browse topics, answer questions, and get information about City services and departments. Take me there.
Connect with elected officials
South Bend’s city government aims to make the basics easy, deliver good government, and invest in people and places. Learn about how our elected officials are working for you. Learn more.
Pay bills online
We have information on how to pay utilities, parking tickets, and more. Go pay a bill now.
Get answers to common questions like like “How do I sign-up for the City Yard Waste Program?” and others via Top Resources for Residents. Learn more.
Venues Parks & Arts
Explore activities, programs, and health and fitness initiatives through Venues Parks & Arts. Learn more.
Our goal is to continue evolving this service to better meet your needs. Please provide feedback on how we’re doing at the bottom of any page.