10/14/2022 Update: The deadline has passed for this year’s applications to the South Bend Alive Grants program. We’re reviewing applications right now and will contact grantees by the end of November. Thank you!
apply for south bend alive grants by October 13, 2022
South Bend Alive is part of the City’s ongoing efforts to reduce incidents of gun violence in the community through initiatives that positively impact South Bend’s young people.
South Bend Alive provides grants for community organizations in South Bend to:
- Provide mentorship for young people,
- Help connect youth with employment training and opportunities, and
- Conduct community outreach and youth engagement activities.
The program, managed by the Office of Community Initiatives, funds community-based programs that provide mentorship for young people, help connect youth with employment training and opportunities, and conduct community outreach and youth engagement activities.
Now in its second year, the grant will fund community organizations in South Bend that have a history of positively impacting the community through their youth engagement work.
October 13, 2022
Community organizations in South Bend
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Southern Lake Michigan Region Inc.
- Underground Basketball League
- Emaculate Enterprise
- Five Star Life
- Take Heart (Take Ten Program)
- Transformation Ministries – Greater Impact
- Gamma Phi Delta Sorority Inc. – Epsilon Delta Chapter
- Transformation Ministries – Iron Sharpens Iron
- Indiana Parenting Institute of St. Joseph County
- Imani Unidad