The role of the Superintendent V-Maintenance Planner/Scheduler is to improve work force productivity and work quality by anticipating and eliminating potential delays through planning and coordination of manpower, parts, material, and equipment access. Reporting to the Director of Wastewater/Maintenance they are also the liaison between outside contractors and vendors and are responsible for getting quotes on jobs, planning, scheduling, and coordination of all plannable maintenance work performed on the plant site. Through supervision of the Director of Maintenance, they are also responsible for maintenance of records and files essential to meaningful analysis and reporting of maintenance related matter.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list represents the types of duties required by the position. Other duties may be assigned as reasonably expected.
• Thinks ahead about tasks that must be completed next to provide exceptional administrative support
• Generate, Plan, Schedule and Review work orders using asset management software
• Create new task and review current task (modify if necessary)
• Review all equipment manuals for proper O&M procedures
• Review completed work orders and close to history
• Work with Maintenance and Operations to plan out jobs
• Review and approve work request as needed
• Project work orders for scheduling
• Research plant drawings to assist contractors and plant personnel
• Generate reports
• Assures that the necessary equipment and materials are available for repairs and service
• Assures that all work completed in the department complies with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, as well as all other applicable policies and regulations.
• Maintains detailed company records of any additions and modifications made to equipment, process and procedure.
• Works with various departments and outside contractors.
• Assures that all equipment is maintained in an asset list
• Gets quotes from outside contractors and vendors for needed services and repairs
• Performs other duties and assumes other responsibilities as apparent or as delegated.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.