Responsible for all record and case related processing functions. Interacts with Officers, Administration, Legal, Government and other Law Agencies on a daily basis. Aids the public with questions and report purchases. Requires a person who can make sound decisions and multitask with a strong ability to problem solve.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list represents the types of duties required by the position. Other duties may be assigned as reasonably expected.
• Maintains a high volume of case files for Patrol, Investigative Bureau, outside entities.
• Processes all crash/accident reports from Aries system.
• Enters all traffic tickets.
• Researches records for closure or missing information status.
• Processes and sends reports via PDF to the prosecutor’s office.
• Interacts with the public over the phone and face to face.
• Creates the Public Bulletin every 8 hours; updating information as cases are created.
• Oversees and maintains logs of all police reports.
• Researches and processes Public Access Requests.
• Performs background checks, gun permits and registrations.
• Processes all impounds with constant contact with multiple tow companies.
• Scans/archives case paperwork from Services into LaserFiche for archiving purpose.
• Contacts and interacts with internal and external personnel, City Legal, Officers, Probations Offices, Court Systems, Outlier Law Agencies, civilians, business owners, etc.
• Reviews, processes, and distributes reports and cases to requesting agencies.
• Works front desk and answers all incoming calls.
• Takes reports over the phone and face to face as they come into SBPD.
• Dispatches calls for certain situations when an officer is needed at a specific location.
• Performs other duties and assume other responsibilities as apparent or as delegated.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.