The Project Manager leads research and project implementation in support of the City of South Bend and specifically the Chief of Staff in the Mayor’s Office. The Project Manager will build tools and processes to support communication and accountability across project teams and will promote effective implementation of evidence-based policies in the City of South Bend.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list represents the types of duties required by the position. Other duties may be assigned as reasonably expected.
• Work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure effective implementation of initiatives
• Plan, organize, manage, participate in, and direct the work of the project including developing and implementing plans and evaluating outcomes
• Prepare long-term strategies in coordination with stakeholders and work closely with them to incorporate input and solicit support
• Recommend, develop, and implement processes, systems, and projects that promote communication, mutual accountability, and improved outcomes
• Manage and balance multiple partners’ needs and help them overcome obstacles
• Lead and/or participate in project update meetings with operational and executive partners
• Assist with grant writing and tracking as needed
• Plan and coordinate occasional events
• Conduct policy research to identify best practices for addressing needs in South Bend
• Complete administrative tasks as assigned
• Performs other duties and assume other responsibilities as apparent or as delegated
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.