Assists in the management and coordination of the financial operations for the City’s Department of Community Investment (“DCI”) and Code Enforcement. Under the direction of the Director of Finance – DCI (“Director”), works with Community Investment staff to ensure consistency and effectiveness of DCI’s financial operations, including processing of cash receipts and accounts payable transactions within the City’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, working with and reporting on various Federal and State grant programs, and producing monthly financial reports for affiliated non-profit organizations and departmental programs. Assists the Director in ensuring accurate, timely accounting records for DCI and affiliated not-for-profit organizations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list represents the types of duties required by the position. Other duties may be assigned as reasonably expected.
• Performs assigned duties related to financial operations for DCI and Code Enforcement in accordance with established City policy and procedures, including but not limited to:
o Recording revenue and cash receipts
o Entering requisitions for procurement of supplies and services
o Entering invoices for payment
o Verifying accuracy of payroll for assigned employees
• Assists the Director in the production of monthly financial reports for affiliated non-profit organizations and departmental operations and supports the ongoing monitoring of internal controls.
• Assists the Director with the preparation of the annual Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) and Schedule of Expenditures of Federal Awards (SEFA), including gathering and supplying supporting documentation for the City’s annual audit.
• Under the direction of the Director, maintains accurate records for all grant activity related to DCI. Assists in the preparation and filing of annual grant-related reports.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assumes additional responsibilities as requested.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.