Executive Assistant to the Director of the Department of Public Works; Office Manager and payroll clerk for the Engineering Division. Serves as the Clerk for the Board of Public Works and the Board of Public Safety.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list represents the types of duties required by the position. Other duties may be assigned as reasonably expected.
• Assist Director and Deputy Director of the Department of Public Works with scheduling, organizing meetings, travel, and correspondence.
• Hire, train, supervise, schedule, evaluate, and handle personnel issues for the front office administrative support staff and customer service, for effective office procedures and efficient workflow.
• Provide administrative assistance to Engineering Division staff; process payroll and Human Resources forms for the Division of Engineering. Maintain payroll records.
• Maintain and purchase office supplies for Engineering Division, Board of Public Works, and Board of Public Safety.
• Compile and upload agendas and meeting files for each Board; create and upload minutes and transcribe recordings of meetings. Create schedules and meetings for each Board for the year. Post yearly schedules.
• Compose correspondence for both the Board of Public Works and Board of Safety.
• Upload project specifications and addenda to City website and local plan room with attention to legal deadlines.
• Create and issue summons; create legal correspondence, and schedule court hearings and Police and Fire swearing in ceremonies.
• Prepare yearly reports for State Board of Accounts of all Board approved documents.
• Publish legal notices with attention to legal deadlines.
• Manage electronic project bidding account.
• Supervise multiple filing systems for each Board and maintain accurate cross-refence records of all contracts, agreements, resolutions and documents; and Police and Fire hiring’s, retirements, disciplinary actions, and reports.
• Maintain Board of Works and Board of Safety on-line forms and website.
• Research and provide records for APRA requests and for City staff.
• Maintain State Gateway website for Local Government Contract uploading.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assume additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.