Supports the Venues Parks & Arts development team in fundraising efforts for the benefit of city parks, community centers and other public spaces or events.
Works and observes processes in different facilities and group meetings as applicable.
Maintains professional contact with internal staff, external partners and the public.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list represents the types of duties required by the position. Other duties may be assigned as reasonably expected.
• Works closely with Venues Parks & Arts Chief Development Officer, the Director of Development and the Development Coordinator to complete grant searches, information-gathering and donor database management activities.
• Assists the Partnerships, Community and Standards Coordinator with special fundraising projects as needed.
• Seeks out opportunities for the VPA to partner with local businesses and organizations in the South Bend community.
• Attends community and VPA Foundation meetings, as well as special events.
• Researches trends in parks/recreation, sustainability, social equity, fundraising and/or public affairs.
• Attends divisional and departmental staff meetings, as requested.
• Networks with professionals in multiple fields within the City of South Bend and the local business community.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.