The Customer Service Representative will serve as a full-service Customer Service Representative for the South Bend Water Works. The Customer Service Representative will assist customers via telephone and in person, with utility bill questions, concerns and service appointments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list represents the types of duties required by the position. Other duties may be assigned as reasonably expected.
• Answer questions regarding customer accounts; related to consumption, payments and billing.
• Communicate effectively with customers and with other employees in a professional manner; using patience and tact.
• Take, review and complete customer applications for utility service; in person, or over the phone.
• Schedule all work orders through work order management system; new service, transfer, or termination of service, low pressure checks.
• Cashier at the front counter and drive-through; Input payments into the computer.
• Balance cash and checks daily to the computer report.
• Prepare night drop, mail and exceptional items for processing.
• Separate checks and receipts; research accounts, write receipts, and balance checks to receipts.
• Interpret computer reports and messages.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assume additional responsibilities as directed or as delegated.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.