Responsible for the safe crossing of elementary school age children at designated intersections or crossing points before school and after school or as directed by Program Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list represents the types of duties required by the position. Other duties may be assigned as reasonably expected.
• This person will work all days when schools are in session and assist children in crossing streets at assigned locations.
• Drive to various locations as directed to control student crossings.
• Keep a daily count of children crossing at corner/intersections.
• Act in a firm, but courteous and polite manner to children, as well as passing motorists.
• Report any suspicious activity or disregard for crossing by motorists or passersby to supervisor.
• Coordinate work schedule with supervisor.
• Participate in required Police Department training.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.