The Ordinance Violation Bureau was created by city ordinance on December 12, 1988 to establish a specific office within the city to allow the collection of fines for violations of the South Bend Municipal Code Book.
Parking ticket amnesty
Friday, July 28, 2023
Each year, the Ordinance Violations Bureau grants fee amnesty to parking citations by waiving late fees assigned to parking citations paid that day. The citation must be paid on July 28, 2023 in order to receive fee amnesty.
Pay a ticket
City Tickets may be issued for violating parking, loud noise, animal control, code enforcement, curfew and city park ordinances. Fines for tickets issued are paid to the City through the Ordinance Violation Bureau.
Payments may be made by:
- Cash, Check, Money order, or Visa/Mastercard in the OVB office listed above.
- Check or Money order by mail
- Online by Visa/Mastercard:
- For downtown parking tickets- AIMS Parking Online
Parking Tickets & Ordinance Violations
What is this service?
Parking Tickets & Ordinance Violations Online enables you to pay parking fines & ordinance violation fees from your computer, making the payment process convenient.
What are some of the features?
- Parking Tickets: Search for tickets using either the citation number (ticket number) or the vehicle license plate number (tag) and state.
- Ordinance Violations: Search by ticket number.
Multiple ticket view:
- View all parking tickets associated with a specific vehicle using the license plate number (tag) and state.
- Not available for Ordinance Violations. Each ticket must be viewed separately.
- Parking Tickets: Pay for one or all tickets associated with a specific vehicle. Payments can be made through secure Internet credit card payment services.
- Ordinance Violations: Must be paid individually.
Go to AIMS Parking
Ticket Appeal Form
Complete this form to appeal Neighborhood Services & Enforcement and Ordinance Violation Citations.
Complete this form to appeal parking tickets.
227 W Jefferson Blvd Suite 1200S South Bend, IN 46601 Located within the Legal Department on the 12th floor of the County-City Building.
Hours of Operations
8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday - Friday