Due to the wide variety of zoning violations, each problem is reviewed individually and the process varies. Explore common violations and file an issue online.
Litter Code Violation What is a litter violation?What is the litter abatement procedure?How do I report a litter violation?311 Process…
Vegetation Code Violation A litter violation may be opened as a result of a citizen complaint or an inspector observing…
How to check if a property has outstanding Code Enforcement violations, invoices, and fines When is How to check if…
Request an Interior Code Inspection Any person that resides in the city limits of South Bend can request an interior…
Grass and Weed Code Violation What properties can be cited with a Grass and Weed Code volation?What is the process…
Common Zoning Violations
- Vehicles parking in front yard setback.
- Vehicles parking on vacant lots.
- Abandoned vehicles.
- Over-sized vehicle parked in a residential zone.
- Operating a business in a residential zone.
- Extensive auto repairs being performed in a residential zone.
- Multi-family use of dwelling in an a single family residential zone.
- Due to the broad variety of zoning violations, each problem is reviewed individually and the process varies.
- Typically, after an inspector verifies a violation exists, a letter is mailed to the property owner with a deadline to be within compliance. If compliance is not achieved, the matter is set for a hearing before an Administrative Hearing Officer.
- Citations may also be issued.
News & Announcements
227 West Jefferson Blvd. Suite 1300 S South Bend, Indiana 46601