Due to the wide variety of zoning violations, each problem is reviewed individually and the process varies. Explore common violations and file an issue online.
Litter Code Violation What is a litter violation?What is the litter abatement procedure?How do I report a litter violation?311 Process…
Vegetation Code Violation A litter violation may be opened as a result of a citizen complaint or an inspector observing…
Request an Interior Code Inspection Any person that resides in the city limits of South Bend can request an interior…
How to check if a property has outstanding Code Enforcement violations, invoices, and fines When is How to check if…
Trash Can Ticket Regulations [Summary] What are the ticket regulations for trash cans?Containers must not be placed on the front…
Common Zoning Violations
- Vehicles parking in front yard setback.
- Vehicles parking on vacant lots.
- Abandoned vehicles.
- Over-sized vehicle parked in a residential zone.
- Operating a business in a residential zone.
- Extensive auto repairs being performed in a residential zone.
- Multi-family use of dwelling in an a single family residential zone.
- Due to the broad variety of zoning violations, each problem is reviewed individually and the process varies.
- Typically, after an inspector verifies a violation exists, a letter is mailed to the property owner with a deadline to be within compliance. If compliance is not achieved, the matter is set for a hearing before an Administrative Hearing Officer.
- Citations may also be issued.
News & Announcements
227 West Jefferson Blvd. Suite 1300 S South Bend, Indiana 46601