November 15, 2019
The City of South Bend’s Fall ReLeaf program is scheduled to resume Monday, November 18 after being suspended earlier this week due to snow. Crews will finish portions that were not picked up in the first pass of Zone 8 in the southeast quadrant before moving on to Zone 9.
The program has been extended until Wednesday, December 4, weather permitting. An updated schedule can be viewed at southbendin.gov/fallreleaf. Residents can also view leaf pickup in real-time on the City’s Fall ReLeaf Interactive Map, which can be found at southbendin.gov.
Below are guidelines that residents are asked to follow for the program.
- Leaves need to be raked to the tree lawn area, NOT into the street, by 6:00 a.m. on the pickup date to ensure they are picked up.
- Leaves need to be free of sticks, trash and other debris or they may not be picked up.
- Cars should not be parked on top or in front of leaf piles along curb lines, as this hampers leaf collection.
- Leaf burning is prohibited and is a violation of City ordinance.
- Residents can call 311 with any questions.