ABOUT THE COMMUNITY ADVISORY GROUP
The Community Advisory Group (CAG) group is a small, 14-person group of community members who are stakeholders in the King Center renovation. The group’s purpose is to work closely with the City team and to bring concerns and community ideas to the City team in a small group setting. They meet regularly with the City’s Project Team and will continue to meet throughout the public feedback process, the design and construction period, all the way until the grand opening of the new and renovated Center. This group’s input is supplementary to the general public’s feedback and does not take precedence over other feedback.
The group serves to build relationships with community stakeholders and the City Project Team. This group also allows the City to test engagement strategies and to solicit the team’s help in spreading information about the project.
The Community Advisory Group is made up of:
- Business owners near and around Linden Avenue and the King Center
- Current users and leaders at the King Center
- Local activists, educators, and neighborhood organization leaders
- Local coaches and parents
- Other business owners relevant to the revitalization of the Center and surrounding area
- Kennedy Park residents and property owners