March 26, 2021
The City of South Bend’s annual Spring ReLeaf Program will be offered on a call-in basis beginning Monday, March 29. Residents can call 311 to request a leaf pickup from Monday, March 29 to Friday, April 9. Pickups will begin the week of April 12.
Loose leaves must be raked to the curb and should be free of sticks, trash and other debris or they will not be collected. Residents can call 311 with any questions.
Below are guidelines that residents are asked to follow for the Spring ReLeaf program.
- Leaves need to be raked to the tree lawn area, NOT into the street, to prevent them from clogging storm inlets. Residents should rake leaves prior to calling 311 to ensure they are picked up.
- Leaves need to be free of sticks, trash and other debris or they will not be picked up.
- Yard waste material can be put in the City’s yard waste bin. The weekly yard waste program starts April 1. Residents interested in participating in the program can sign up at southbendin.gov/ywrequest or by calling 311.
- Cars should not be parked on top of or in front of leaf piles along curb lines, as this hampers crews from collecting leaves.
- Burning of leaves in South Bend is prohibited and is a violation of City ordinance.