Mayor Pete Buttigieg and representatives from the City of South Bend will mark the completion of the new Boland Trail on Thursday, November 8 at 10:30 a.m. The ribbon cutting will take place near the midway point of the trail near the new retaining wall. Boland Drive will be closed at Portage Avenue and Riverside Drive during the ribbon cutting ceremony to allow parking for the event.
The $1.3 million project was constructed using 80% federal congestion and mitigation and air quality (CMAQ) funds with the remaining 20% covered by the City. The Boland Trail is 0.62 miles long and will serve as an extension of the Riverwalk Trail that runs along the north side of Boland Drive, providing a needed connection from the Riverwalk Trail to Portage Avenue. New improvements include a pedestrian crossing flasher at the corner of Riverside and Boland Drives as well as two benches and 27 lights.
Who: Mayor Pete Buttigieg, Public Works Director Eric Horvath and Venue, Parks & Arts Executive Director Aaron Perri
What: Boland Trail ribbon cutting
When: Thursday, November 8 at 10:30 a.m.
Where: Midway point of Boland Drive between Portage Avenue and Riverside Drive near the retaining wall
We’ve redesigned the website with an emphasis on better connecting you with services, facilities, and information pertaining to everyday life in South Bend. Click on the left and right arrows to navigate these quick tips to make the most of your first experience.
311 Service Center
Browse topics, answer questions, and get information about City services and departments. Take me there.
Connect with elected officials
South Bend’s city government aims to make the basics easy, deliver good government, and invest in people and places. Learn about how our elected officials are working for you. Learn more.
Pay bills online
We have information on how to pay utilities, parking tickets, and more. Go pay a bill now.
Get answers to common questions like like “How do I sign-up for the City Yard Waste Program?” and others via Top Resources for Residents. Learn more.
Venues Parks & Arts
Explore activities, programs, and health and fitness initiatives through Venues Parks & Arts. Learn more.
Our goal is to continue evolving this service to better meet your needs. Please provide feedback on how we’re doing at the bottom of any page.