City of South Bend Wellness Program
The City of south Bend remains committed to the health and wllness of all employees and dependents. We hope and trust that all employees will be actively involved in knowledge of your healthcare benefits and focus on what you as individuals can do to remain helathy and improve your health and wellness, thus improving your life and longevity.The City of South Bend is committed to providing opportunities that suppoer and promote wellness and a healthy lifestyle.
Wellness Program Benefits:
- Lower monthly health premium contribution
- Free membership to O'Brien Fitness Center
- Free access to group fitness classes
- Free seminars on health and wellness
- And much more!
- Confidential, onsite health screening
- Finger-stick for cholesterol and glucose
- Blood Pressure
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Private one-on-one consultation of your results with a nurse
- Health Risk Assessment Questionnaire (completed prior to your screening)
- Ongoing Health Coaching in a confidential, private, one-on-one sessions with a licensed nursing professional.
- O'Brien Fitness Center Membership (Free to City of South Bend Employees)
Fitness Center Features Include:
- Strength Training Stations
Cardiovascular exercise machines
- Spinning Bikes
- Stair Steppers
- Cross Trainers
- And more
- Full line of free weight equipment
- Locker rooms & showers
- Men's & Women's saunas
Group Fitness Classes
O'Brien Center offers different group fitness classses with various time slots.
Address: 321 E. Watler St., South Bend, IN 46614
Lunch n' Learn Seminars
Topics may include:
- Smoking Cessation
- Work-Life Balance
- Heart Health
- Family fitness
- Goal Setting
- Organic Foods
Questions & Answers
Q: What does the City Wellness Plan mean to me?
A: The goal of hte wellness program is to provide the opportunity for you to improve your health and wellness, and as a result, improving your life and longevity
Q: How confidential are my screening results?
A: Your results are completely confidential! No one but you and the nurse providing your health screening will see your results
Q: Is my spouse eligible to participate in the wellness program?
A: At this time, only City employees are eligible.
Q: What if I am in good health? Will there be programs for me?
A: Yes! This program was designed to offer something to everyone. Whether you are healthy or at-risk, you will find varions programs to fit your needs.